Imaginary Santa Claus



Finally the battle got over , I have become 2/7th  of managerJ.I am back from the ride of rollercoaster, the days had been on and off, that is how it has been most of the times, but at least I have a week ahead to do what I want to and spend time with my family. Well I have a number of things lined up in my mind which I want to and will do.
1. I want to enjoy my life, and rejuvenate myself.
2. I want to read novels and absorb something out of them.
3. I want to draw and paint whatever I would like to. (Sorry I didn’t tell you people before that drawing and painting is my hobby)
4. I will meet my friends and gossip about n no of things.    
5.I  will visit my grandparents.
6. I will finish FRIENDS :-P and watch movies .

Today was the first day at home, woke up at around 10 am, had breakfast, was about to think of what to do when my mom got a call from office and was required  in the office immediately(her boss likes to disturb his subordinates during their vacation..)Anyhow I went along with her and got hold of two good books from the library of her office. These are one of those books which I always wanted to read but never got a chance, perhaps will do complete them now J.One of them is ‘the fountain head’ and other one is ‘The colour purple’. In evening we went to market and shopped ,it has been good to be home and shop with mum ,it is completely a unique feeling(i hope girls would understand what am talking about) J.She observes the product carefully  and values the product according to its benefits. She always says ” you have to spend your money ,so don’t just throw it into something not worth it. Make sure you like the thing before buying and will fulfil your need”. I brought some clothes in Bangalore and Delhi which she never liked L sometimes she says colour is not good, sometimes size or quality is not good. I was disheartened and decided will try to shop along with her :-P as she won’t like anything brought by me or may be according to her I have yet not developed the discretion to select the quality cloth.


                     Oh its Christmas tomorrow ..Merry Christmas readers! This day always reminds me my childhood days. We both as children were excited about this day every year because of the magical figure of Santa Claus (The legendary patron saint of children; an imaginary being who is thought to bring presents to children at Christmas) which has been associated with the occasion who we believed would bestow us with a lot of gifts .Somehow my parents managed to make us feel that Santa Claus exists in real and is not an imaginary figure, may be at that point of time they didn’t want to break our dream of having presents from Santa. My mom used to tell me that you have to decorate the tree  which would attract Santa to our house, decorate it with your heart and keep it out in the backyard so that Santa can see it while flying on his reindeer cart get attracted to it and visit our home to see who has done the good work. So I used to collect all the fancy stuff to be put on the tree, some candies, sparkling balls , stars etc and decorated it every year .My mum used to watch me doing that and I used to ask her, is it looking fine now, what else should be done. In the night I dreamed about Santa , believing that he would definitely come and leave some gift for me because of the decorated tree. In the morning I used to check beneath the pillow for the gift from Santa ,to my surprise I always found chocolates, candies J and believed that Santa came and left it for us. But when I grew up I came to know that it was all done by my parents , they  slipped the gifts beneath my pillow and never let me know. Later on my brother told me that there is no Santa Claus in real who can fulfil my wish ,that day a notion was broken but I was happy because my parents played the role of Santa :-D , which I never thought of.


                     Today I was walking through the shops when I saw all that fancy stuff used to decorate Christmas tree and thought that why not to decorate it this time, but now I know there will not be any chocolates beneath my pillow :-P ,no one to tell me that Santa will come in the night ,no one to ensure me that your wish will be fulfilled and that is why I don’t like to be adult ,I wish I still had been a little girl who would have dreamt about the Santa and the gifts with no worries , but  alas I grew up as time waits for none and keeps on moving.

Monica Dhiman

Tries to express her thoughts, observations and whatever bothers her a lot in form of words :)

43 comments:

  1. Growing up is not so good! Out of all the things I wished, I ask Santa to make me go back when chocolates were the only motive of my life! Lovely post, took me back to some of my memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah growing up is not good.Children have the gift of being innocent :) which we have lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) 2/7 , i wud say , 2/700000000000000000 to becoming a manager :), its really a loong way to go :), but yes in the IMI's wonderful journey , we have passed two stations , both part of the journey had different weather conditions , different subjects , difference in bonding between frnds , which has grown stronger :), hope it continues

    Its very odd to hear about christmas being celebrated in an indian home , specially in the 90's , thats very nice :) , hope the christmas spirit continues in your family , and many others :)

    Merry Christmas Everyone :), be happy always

    ReplyDelete
  4. For once try being original.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks @abhi ...and @ anonymous am not afraid of you that is y published your comment :-D...bring it on !!! because i know my content is original :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats typically a kiddish answer and knee-jerk reaction.Kiddish coz you took it at face value and missed the broader picture(responding just about thee content).Now again waiting for some stupid explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. everything is original and you don't have the guts to claim your statements that is why hiding your face :P.Perhaps, somebody is jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jealous???hahaha.of some graffiti on the wall??you got to be kidding me.From reading the blogs I guess you are some management student, guess they haven't taught you to use "turnitin".Mimicry is the best form of flattery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ^anonymous do you have any evidence to prove your claim???

    ReplyDelete
  10. heya there Harish ...same to u...and have a great year ahead:) thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas.. Sometimes it feels like growing up is not good for us but after all its inevitable and we have to change ourselves with time.. And one more thing, being at home, its awesome feeling that can be only be felt when you grow up.. like you are feeling now.
    Nice post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey thanks :)yeah everything has its pros and cons :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. There you go,again a kiddish retort.That was quite on expected lines.Do you get a word of what I write?The disconnect between your level of argument and level of postulation is sufficient evidence.I can't stoop to your level of pointing out the exact source and citation.Seems your MBA is just giving you bookish knowledge and no growth in terms of intellect,just by saying that you gained experience doesn't count.Think over it and work over it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehehe...lolz...i like the way you argue :) and the way you are criticizing it.It is none of your business to judge the level of intellect am gaining,it would be better if u concentrate on your own intellect development as intruding in others work with a 'no name' will not help in your so called intellect growth.Perhaps i never asked you to visit my blog , you do that on your own wish :-P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is that the best thing that you could think of saying??
    On the second thought maybe you are correct I should not argue you coz "never argue a fool, first they drag you to their level and then beat you by their experience"

    ReplyDelete
  16. BTW I also love the way I argue ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Infact you are kiddish...i am facing the criticism in humorous way because if u think i would stop writing then just forget about it,you are encouraging me more and more :).The thing is your argue has no base,it is all crap,so i hope you are done with your goofing :-P or is there some more to come ? :-D..i would like to know your name :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah I thought so you would say the same thing to me(about me being kiddish) since you won't have anything better to say.Go ahead keep on doing ctrl+c and cntrl+v in your mind if thats the whole substance you made of.
    Call a rose by any name,it still smells the same.How does it matters if my name if my name is Rajpal Yadav or Bruce Wayne?
    See you dragged me to your level and I am not particularly good at being a fool so congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hehehe...Rose..ROFL....hogaya????i just cant take it anymore :P a person who keeps on visiting my blog and keeps on criticizing as well :-D...do what you want to...as you will not reveal your name because may be i know you or i dont know whatever may be the reason...but its humorous

    ReplyDelete
  20. Again a superficial interpretation,thats the crux of everything you write.Just stuck to the word "rose" and gave those moronic expressions of ROFL and blah blah.
    This internet is a medium which is public,thats the very basic tenant of www.And thats how its suppose to be used and in fact people have won proxy wars through the "openness" of www.If you want to keep your "ramblings" to yourself write a diary and not a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i was getting choked within myself as i don't have anyone to share, so just want people to read what i think and what i want to share, yes i do keep it within myself which i dont want to share . Blogging has given me a way to express myself..a direction to find myself

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope and fish finding oneself was so easy as writing a blog.Buddha would have written a blog instead of sitting under the Bodhi Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  23. there was no internet at that time ...and do you have any problem if that suffices me?it would be better if you concentrate on your work.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the revelation about internet not being there at the time of Buddha.
    Don't you worry about my work,I am pretty good at whatever I do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. yup your work is intruding in others work as u dont have anything else to do :P,and you are pretty good at it coz you r doing that under the label 'anonymous' :-P isn't it???Using the privilege of internet.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Using the privilege of "openness" of the internet to be precise.I showed you the mirror and thats a part of what I do,so yes I am doing a pretty neat work.

    ReplyDelete
  27. yeah but u cant hide the way you talk to be precise way you express and perhaps i have identified your identity .and i can argue with you till the end of this earth so it would be better if you stop

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats to you for identifying me, even I haven't been able to do that.
    Yeah I can very well see that you can keep on adding nonsensical things till ad infinitum so I better put a period.
    Never argue a fool...............

    ReplyDelete
  29. ok mr anonymous..goodbye...yeah you are a confused person who doesnt know what he has done or what he wants so its gud atleast you know that much about yourself that you have not been able to do identify yourself :P.nyhow...bye

    ReplyDelete
  30. Finish FRIENDS for heaven's sake!! It's been six yeras since you should have!

    ReplyDelete
  31. yeah that is the reaction i get from every one...i will finish it soon...:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. @Monica - I see the comments here are a li'l off track by a certain no name. I must say, U go gal! Some people just like to read and comment because they do not have the guts to write or are afraid their dark ugly secrets will come out.

    That was great - Publishing all those comments and Please don't stop writing and for god's sake really - FINISH FRIENDS!

    Love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. hey @seeps thanks ...i really felt good to c ur comment, i just wanted to answer this person and justify myself so published coz i think every reader is important.But too much water has flown ...and i don't want to answer such baseless statements now..to 'no name' psychic..its been enough.
    i have finished 3rd season :D..will soon finish the rest..

    ReplyDelete
  34. Good God! So much time for someone who doesn't even wanna give his/her name!!

    I never look at the comments here, but when the post titled Mr. Anonymous disappeared when I was midway reading it, i felt i should.

    You sure can judge which readers' to engage. :P
    "Some people are shits, darling." You should stay away from them :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. @luv...lolz...when did u come to know i have a blog:P?
    thanks for visiting...well every reader is important for me.yeah learned a lesson today ...to stay away from shitty people :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. @mon I would have put up a comment b4, but then thought u wud be like "here he is, stalking again". :P

    ReplyDelete
  37. @unknown....seems u hold a lot of enmity for me.I can get along with whatever knowledge i possess and even if my English is pathetic..its fine with me.I deleted your comment because it was a useless comment and i don't have space for crap and shitty comments.It would be better if you stop visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  38. And you found those comments that you posted "not so shitty"??hahaha.thats the true face.you good at calling names,then why didnt you publish the names that i christened you with in my previous comments??true face.

    ReplyDelete
  39. now we have another shakti kapoor here...., see the guts...now has started blackmailing me....heights...even after so much insult not ready to leave.I don't wanna fight with shitty people...and m pissed off ...u shud start looking in urself then chasing others.

    ReplyDelete
  40. thats the story so far,cheap imitations,thats what you are best at and oops you did it again.Insult??whose insult,just coz you say so??There you go again calling names so typical of Rakhi Sawant..hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  41. @Anonymous: Well, not that I want to moderate this, But Dude really what is ur problem anyways? and What's with Rakhi Sawant, She speaks the truth and is on ur face, forget the melodrama!

    Get a Life Man honestly, U need Psychiatric help!!! Who's got so much time to sit and comment that too such stupid comments. U don't like somebody's opinion, Get the hell out of there! Criticism is ok, Baseless, Useless Criticism is not. and Why not share your blog, If you are happy putting comments on other people's blogs? We are not asking for ur name and we don't care it is the Rose or the Thorn or whatever! You have the guts, WRITE! and Share the writings!

    N talking about your English, Man do you sit with a Thesaurus or something??!!! Chill Dude, Life has more than going on commenting on something that you don't like! and sitting with a Thesaurus of course!

    and Get Well Soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. @seeps...he has a narrow mind and surely can't write anything he just has guts to peep in and leave a useless comment with 'no name'.I don't give a damn to such people...it was my mistake to write a post on such a person. just leave it..m not gonna reply back to his useless comments now.I think he is suffering from some inferiority complex and is scared to show his name.

    ReplyDelete